Responsible for initiating and implementing strategies and tactics to generate sales of
advertising space, print and digital, or other ancillary products for identified business
units. Works with advertisers and advertising agencies in person to develop new business and
generates repeat sales of advertising space.
1. Identify and prioritize accounts among current customers and new target markets, and
initiate sales calls on current and prospective customers. Prepare and deliver sales
presentations and negotiate and close sales transactions.
2. Recommend and implement sales forecasts and associated strategies or plans to develop
business for the product line.
3. Review and assess opportunities for the development of business with existing advertising
accounts and with new accounts. Recommend marketing and promotional literature to facilitate
sales with these customers.
4. Follow up with new/existing accounts to assess satisfaction and to initiate the
generation of additional/expanded business.
5. Monitor and assess sales progress and performance in relation to established sales
forecasts and objectives, and prepare periodic reports and analyses for review with
The Successful Candidate Will Have the Following Knowledge/Skills/Ability:
1. Outgoing and confident personality with demonstrated skill in the development and
maintenance of business relationships.
2. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare and
deliver concise, professional presentations.
3. Demonstrated analytical skill and creativity, as required in the structure and placement
of advertisements on the company’s website.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computers, including database and
5. Proven ability to work well in an unstructured environment with limited supervision,
where both initiative and judgment are required.
6. Knowledge of on-line systems, including the Internet and the World Wide Web.
7. Knowledge of the relevant petroleum industry preferred.
Special Job Dimension:
Work requires periodic travel to domestic and international locations to make sales calls and
sales presentations (approximately 30%).