Black & Decker Corporation is the world’s largest producer of power tools, power tool
accessories and security hardware, and the third largest faucet manufacturer in the United
States. Black & Decker is both a Fortune 500 Company and is ranked as one of Fortune’s Most
Admired Companies. Black & Decker products and services are marketed in more than 100
countries, and the company has manufacturing operations in 14 countries. Throughout its
businesses, Black & Decker has established a reputation for product innovation, quality,
design, and value.
In 1999, Black & Decker joined Kwikset and Price Pfister to form the Hardware and Home
Improvement Group (HHI) based in Lake Forest, California. In 2003, the HHI Group added two
additional powerful brands with the acquisition of Weiser Lock and Baldwin Hardware.
TITLE: Supervisor, Distribution Center
LOCATION: Mira Loma, CA
REPORTS TO: Manager, Distribution Center
SUPERVISES: Distribution Center hourly Shipping Clerks. May supervise non-exempt
Shipping Coordinators, as directed.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Works closely with Supply Planning, Customer and Consumer Service,
Plant Materials, and external vendors and suppliers.
SUMMARY: This position manages one or more of the following functions within the
Distribution Center: Receiving, Shipping, or Parts. Responsible for facility cleanliness and
safety, inventory accuracy, and productivity through daily direction of hourly employees.
Provides training to employees as necessary to achieve facility goals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Supports and drives time, cost, quality, inventory and service improvements within
2. Provides input to ensure optimal facility layout, infrastructure and material flow
designs within the distribution center.
3. Ensures the accuracy of the finished goods inventory through training and transaction
4. Ensures all employees and visitors adhere to facility security rules.
5. Manages Distribution Center priorities in a cost efficient manner to satisfy customer
requirements placed on transportation and distribution.
6. Participates in the development of the Distribution Center strategy.
7. Hires, trains, coaches, appraises and disciplines Distribution Center employees
following positive employee relations practices.
8. Works with the Health/Safety/Environmental Manager and other safety personnel to
implement appropriate safety procedures including OSHA requirements and company-identified
9. Implements progressive distribution and inventory management techniques as directed.
10. May manage the shipment or receipt of all HHI products.
11. May execute against optimized transportation network and adhere to HHI policies and
12. May manage spending against annual departmental budget (for example controllables, leased
equipment, and forklift repairs).
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties as required by supervisor.
EMPLOYEE SPECIFICATIONS (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
Education and Work Experience:
· Five years of experience in distribution of consumer products.
· Two – three years in a direct supervisory capacity.
· Understand basic inventory management practices (i.e., reconciliation).
· Working knowledge of bar-coding and radio frequency preferred.
· Basic level PC computer skills required to include typing skills, and basic reading
and writing for use of Outlook. Microsoft Excel experience preferred.
· Knowledge of warehouse management systems (WMS) helpful.
· Ability to participate in transition to state of the art distribution technology
(i.e., radio frequency transaction).
· Demonstrated achievements in supervising and coaching others.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Black & Decker HHI is driven by a Winning Culture and a commitment to hiring, developing, and
promoting Great People.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V or EOE M/F/D/V