Great career opportunity for both entry level and experienced ColdFusion developers/designers.
Wellesley Information Services publishes magazines, newsletters and technical journals for
high-tech professionals worldwide. We also produce many educational seminars, conferences and
trade shows. We’re a division of United Communications Group (UCG), one of the most successful
privately-owned, business-to-business publishing companies in the world. UCG has a 28-year
track record of growth, market-leading editorial, and loyalty to its employees.
We are currently recruiting for ColdFusion developers/designers to join our web team in
building and maintaining professional interactive websites. We have a robust series of on-line
offerings that is growing each month. With exciting projects constantly on your plate there is
strong growth potential for the right candidate.
· Work as part of a team to design and develop web sites, products and services.
· Migrate sites from standalone HTML to dynamic interactive websites.
· Develop websites as destination sites with “community” features such as forums and
· Develop sites that fully interact with our SQL based customer databases.
· Ensure adherence to web design template.
· Document design and processes.
· Spec new development needs with product mangers and create development timelines.
· Be part of the support team for web-related issues. Occasional after-hour duties required.
· Work as an active team member; be willing to wear different hats to assist the IT team and
· Must be able to grasp new technologies and be capable of solving problems.
· Attention to detail and very good short and long term memory.
· Must be extremely organized.
· Ability to juggle many projects simultaneously.
· Proficient in ColdFusion, SQL, HTML, Dreamweaver.
· Knowledge of .Net, Java, Flash and Photoshop are a plus.
· Familiar with web usability best practices.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
Strong interpersonal skills and an eye for detail are essential, as is the ability to
communicate effectively with technical and creative teams.
This position offers you a competitive compensation package and benefits that include: health,
dental, vision, supplemental life, and reduced-rate auto insurance; 401(k) with company match
up to $1,500/year; tuition reimbursement; flexible pre-tax medical spending accounts; and a
pre-tax dependent care reimbursement program. (And you get free bagels on Wednesday mornings
and all the drinks and snacks you can eat every day.)
More importantly, you’ll become a key player on a fun-loving team at a rapidly growing,
high-energy publishing company. You’ll have tremendous long-term growth potential and be
surrounded by great people. If you’re like the majority of them, this will be the best place
you’ll ever be employed and you’ll stay for a long time.
Want to learn more? First, check out our Maryland-based parent company, United Communications
Group, at http://www.ucg.com Then, read about our Dedham-based product lines at
If you’re still interested after that, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining
why you are that one special candidate, to email@example.com Please include salary
requirements or recent salary history.