Waters Corporation is the world’s leading supplier of high performance liquid chromatography,
mass spectrometry, thermal analysis and rheology instrumentation and consumables. We are
headquartered in Milford, MA with close to 4,200 employees worldwide. Around the world,
Waters products are used by analytical laboratories in such industries as: pharmaceutical,
life science, biochemical, food and beverage, industrial and environmental. For these
customers, we provide technology that gives scientists fundamental data on the composition of
natural products and synthetic chemical mixtures and the physical properties of materials.
Our products and services are sold direct and through a distributor network in more than 48
A very exciting opportunity exists within our organization for A Chemisty Technicl Service
Specialist who will be responsible for providing technical telephone support for Waters
Corporation customers, potential customers, and internal personnel that require technical
assistance. Technical support will include operational and applications troubleshooting,
product recommendations, and the handling of product quality complaints for Chemistry
Operations products including HPLC columns and sample preparation devices. Occasional travel
will be required.
1. Provide technical assistance via the telephone to for Waters Corporation customers,
potential customers, and Waters employees in the following areas: product information,
troubleshooting, and applications support with respect to Chemistry Operations products (HPLC
columns, sample preparation devices, and other chemistry consumable products.)
2. Qualify sales leads as appropriate and forward them to the appropriate field or in-house
3. Evaluate product quality or customer satisfaction issues to determine whether the problem
is product, application, or user related. Initiate the replacement of product under warranty
if appropriate. Relay information to the appropriate internal groups.
4. Document all calls in the appropriate call tracking system.
5. Continuously update and expand knowledge of Waters’ products and applications, as well as
competitive offerings, market trends, and HPLC literature.
6. Represent Waters at product trade shows as well as deliver educational or product
1. B.S. or B.A. with course work in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or engineering or a
strong technical background combined with a good working knowledge of Water's chemistry
products and HPLC and/or SPE method development and troubleshooting and at least 3-5 years
experience in a relevant position.
2. Strong interpersonal skills.
3. Polished communication skills, both written and verbal.
4. Strong telephone, problem solving, analytical, and listening skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website: www.waters.com and use
our online application process.