Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business
customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share
their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the
rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single
employee’s contributions – because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a
company. Currently, we are seeking a Sr. Engineer III, located in Hollywood, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for consumer and broadcast quality A/V equipment selection, installation,
routing, and maintenance for the production of Blu-ray disc projects. Provides all equipment
and machine room support for the Blu-ray Disc Task Force.
- Responds to production staff inquiries and troubleshoots problems with equipment operation.
Interfaces with Operations Manager, Network Engineer, and PHL R&D staff regarding equipment
selection and set up.
- Select, install, and maintain audio and visual equipment within BDTF, to include encoding
equipment, BD players, monitors, VTRs, edit controllers, A/V switchers, speakers, etc
- Work with Network Engineer to integrate A/V systems with computing network
- Rack mounting and light hardware assembly required
- Fabrication and routing of A/V cabling as needed.
- Coordinate with Network Engineer the installation of power, racks, and UPS equipment in
- Relocate monitors, decks, BD players and other equipment as needed
- Diagnose A/V equipment problems and provide resolution
- Develop routine preventive maintenance program, monitor equipment performance, and perform
- Ability to provide on-call emergency assistance 24 hours/7 days per week per production
- Maintain spare parts supply, equipment inventory and maintenance log
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology and systems to effectively
recommend changes, update, and redesign of facilities
- Place and track equipment orders and maintain contact with vendors; responsible for warranty
replacement and returns
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years experience as a Video Systems Engineer, A/V Engineer, Broadcast Engineer, or
- Background in multimedia, DVD production, or post production environment required
- HD experience required
- Ability to design, install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and/or repair professional
video/audio equipment required.
- Knowledge of professional video/audio-visual systems circuitry, design, and/or installation
- Ability to provide operational and technical guidance to product staff and management
- Ability to test systems and/or operations in compliance with published regulation,
guidelines, and/or standards
- Strong knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise required
- Ability to operate on a scheduled 24-hour on-call basis
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostics skills
- Demonstrated ability writing technical documentation and project planning
- Experience maintaining vendor relationships and dealing with warranty/defect replacements
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity
employer (m/f/d/v). Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Due to the high volume of
responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have
valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of