Aware, Inc. is a publicly held technology company near Boston that develops intellectual
property for broadband communications. Aware seeks a qualified candidate for the position of
Senior DSP Engineer to develop algorithms and software for Aware's Dr. DSL product line, which
includes broadband diagnostic equipment and software. The Senior DSP Engineer will join Aware's
team of engineers at its headquarters in Bedford, MA.
This position requires a self-motivated team player with very strong technical skills who can
devise creative solutions to problems from beginning to end. Responsibilities include
algorithm development and implementation in C, embedded firmware development, performance
testing, and supporting the integration of our technology into our customers' operational
environment. Technical challenges include estimating the characteristics of communication
channels from limited observations, predicting performance of communication links for current
and future DSL standards, and detecting line fault conditions. The Senior DSP Engineer must
possess the interpersonal skills to interface directly with Aware's customers.
* Masters or PhD degree in EE.
* 5-10 years of experience.
* Thorough knowledge of communications theory including modulation, equalization, and coding.
Preferably a good understanding of DSL.
* Strong understanding of signal processing techniques including time-frequency analysis,
adaptive signal processing, and estimation theory. Familiarity with transmission lines
* Extensive knowledge and experience programming in ANSI C. Familiarity with Matlab is
* Experience with hardware/software integration.
* Willingness to travel occasionally, including international travel.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
For more information on Aware, please visit http://www.aware.com/products/dsl/dsl.htm