Must be willing to work any shift (day/ swing/ graveyard/ weekends) - we will accommodate your
desired shift as best we can but we need to provide 24/7 coverage at all times.
MobiTV, Inc. (formerly known as Idetic, Inc.) is the first global television and digital radio
service provider for the more than 2 billion mobile phone users worldwide. The MobiTV* service
is available in the US through Sprint, Cingular, Alltel and several regional carriers; in the
United Kingdom through 3 and Orange UK; and is now available to Canadian customers through
Bell Canada, Rogers and TELUS Mobility. The Emmy* Award winning service now reaches more than
half a million subscribers and offers many popular TV channels from content providers such as
MSNBC, ABC News Now, CNN, Fox News, Fox Sports, ESPN 3GTV, NBC Mobile, CNBC, CSPAN, The
Discovery Channel, TLC, The Weather Channel and others that deliver cartoons, music videos and
comedy. MobiTV also has a full line up of geographically specific channels. Founded in 1999,
MobiTV is a privately-held company headquartered in Emeryville, CA. For more information on
the company, its products or technology, please visit www.mobitv.com
Based in Emeryville, we offer a rewarding, fast-paced team environment with strong
opportunities for professional development. We seek entrepreneurs with passion for providing
best-in-class products and services to our operators. Our team impacts millions of people and
tackle challenging projects alongside fun, talented and creative colleagues.
Team members will be responsible for extending MobiTV*s compatibility to wireless networks all
over the world and evolving the product to stay one step ahead of the competition. Candidates
for this job work on the handset and server component of MobiTV service. As an application
developer, you will be responsible for developing our next generation product with cool new
features. These engineers are responsible for enabling highly constrained devices such as
handsets, with a rich graphical user interface and rich feature set. They work, both on server
and client software, allowing them visibility into a wide range of technologies and end to end
view of the system.
* Develop and implement features of MobiTV and MobiRadio products.
* Write design specifications and communicate designs to the team at large.
* Work closely with the Product Management team on feature definition and QA team to
correct product defects and assist QA engineers in the testing.
* Work closely with the handset engineers to ensure that server software is cognizant of
constraints that the handset application operates within
* Assist the Support and Sales teams with the investigation and resolution of customer
* Implement best engineering practices to make MobiTV best in class engineering
* At least three years of PHP development experience is required.
* Web development experience using Perl, CGI, Java is preferred,
* At least two years of experience developing major software products with Java, J2ME, C,
or C++ is required
* Familiarity with Java and J2ME is preferred
* Must have been a core member of a highly successful product development team where
candidate made major architectural and programming contributions.
* Experience working with constrained devices and platforms is preferred
* Experience writing highly robust, scalable platforms is a must
* Experience with version control and release management is required
* Experience with Linux and networking protocols such as TCP/IP is desirable
* Experience as a team leader with strong technical, leadership and interpersonal skills
* Strong time-management and independent-judgment skills required.
* Experience with Regression testing, or benchmarking is preferred
* Leadership or management skills
* Solid communication skills and attention to detail
* Must be enthusiastic and work well with others
* Creative problem solving skills
* Masters degree is highly desired
Please respond with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org