Vice President, Operations
REPORTS TO: SVP / GM Individual Equipment Systems Division (IESD)
LOCATION: Prefer - Phoenix, AZ
SUMMARY: This position directs the operations, at multiple locations through a team of
Directors and ensures increasing levels of customer satisfaction while improving the
efficiency of Manufacturing operations and Supply Chain through Lean Manufacturing
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develops operational plans to execute production in accordance with customer requirements,
Company commitments and marketing objectives.
2. Manages capacity requirements at plant sites, to maximize production capabilities and
3. Reviews master planning / capacity levels and adjusts and / or takes decisive action to
assure that schedules are met and capacity will support marketing objectives.
4. Take a strategic approach to evaluate both, current and future manufacturing capacity and /
or procurement of materials, in order to maximize cost savings, production, and customer
5. Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate improved working relationships
both internally and externally as related to the operational needs of the organization.
6. Ensures adherence to quality standards, ISO compliance, and fosters strategic direction
with Management team.
7. Recommends budgets for Operations and tracks, monitors and takes corrective action to
assure that costs are met.
8. Develops and monitors measurement of performance to Division goals and standards and
establishment of targets for improvements in cost, delivery and strategic direction.
9. Identifies, promotes and implements plans for continuous improvements in cooperation with
the Management team.
10. Act as a senior level interface with customers on operational needs and objectives.
11. Interface with other Armor Holdings organizations to identify potential development areas
and address inefficiencies and overlap between manufacturing facilities.
12. Build and develop the Operations organization, processes and procedures to support
strategic vision, while working with and supporting Senior Management partners to align
13. Recommend and implement strategic changes in manufacturing and supply chain
14. As a member of the senior management team, proactively contribute to the development and
improvement of the business.
15. Perform other duties as necessary to support the organization and the expected continued
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a related field.
Masters degree in related field is preferred.
Fifteen (15) years of comprehensive manufacturing experience.
Technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen, Process Improvement, freight and
distribution, materials management and production scheduling.
Demonstrated ability to lead people and drive results.
Excellent skills in communication, delegation, problem solving, multi-tasking and team
The selected candidate must have demonstrated a willingness to exceed and succeed in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment. The individual should have a broad base of business knowledge
so that they can contribute significantly to the company's overall success.
VP OPERATIONS, IESD SKILL MATRIX (in addition to Job Description requirements)
1 Not Required
2 Nice to Have
Characteristic / Skill 1 (NRq) 2 (NTH) 3(Pref) 4(Imp) 5(Req)
Lean Manufacturing experience/ education X
Strong emphasis in SCM set up, management and development X
Has taken a manufacturing company through rapid growth X
Has acted as a change agent, focusing on process improvements in prior positions X
Strong in financials, reporting, delivery and budgeting X
Performance Metrics, development and delivery X
Come from a technology background, or complex systems X
Defense / govt. experience X
Commercial manufacturing experience X
Cut & sew manufacturing experience X
International experience X
Managed multiple locations X
Will relocate to one of our locations X
Will travel extensively X
Prior capacity planning management & decision making X
Masters Degree X
Bachelors in technical field X