Teleflex Medical is a $746 million dollar global medical and surgical device manufacturer with
over 6,000 employees. The Engineering Team at Teleflex Medical offers a diverse and exciting
range of engineering opportunities. We are unique in that we create innovative products,
manufacture in-house, and redesign to ensure our products are world-class. As a leader in our
industry we are a growing company providing a work place of creativity, innovation and
stability. We are confident in Teleflex Medical’s future and require top-notch people to join
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
This position will conduct development activities based on Deknatel and OEM customer product
needs. They will also provide project management support for the cross-functional OEM team
for new projects. Expectations include the ability to deliver projects meeting the
expectations of customers and Deknatel objectives. This individual must be a team player and
have a working knowledge of medical device regulations and manufacturing operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Be a strong contributing member of the OEM cross-functional business process team.
· Responsible for interacting with marketing and customers directly to manage
development projects from concept to completion.
· Perform design and development activities using solid modeling and FEA.
· Interaction with manufacturing engineering and quality engineering to validate and
qualify new manufacturing processes as required.
· Meet annual goals and objectives as required for meeting the goals of the team.
· Project costing and timing estimates based on customer needs and expectations.
· Able to communicate effectively with all people at all levels of the organization to
get projects completed involving those not directly responsible for product launches.
· Product and process development activities as required to complete programs.
1. Bachelors degree in Engineering / Technology
2. 5-7 years of Product Development experience in the medical device industry.
3. Ability to work and excel in a give and take team environment
4. Project Management experience
5. General understanding of manufacturing operations
6. Ability to understand and develop product structures.
7. Working knowledge of medical device sterilization requirements and techniques
8. Understanding of GMP / FDA / ISO work environment
9. Exposed to Design Control Process
10. Experienced in validations of processes and designs
11. Working knowledge of business drivers and metrics
13. Able to communicate effectively with customers and team members
14. Working knowledge of MS office
A. Internal – Office environment
B. External- 0-8 trips per year to visit customers and various manufacturing facilities.