At OneUnited Bank, our mission is to be the premier banking instituition for urban communities
across America. We offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment, with the opportunity to
succeed and excel!
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide administrative support to Legal office including assisting with
internal legal inquires and request, legal research and drafting documents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Legal research and analysis; compliance with subpoenas, discovery requests, etc.
Assist counsel in responding to Bank managers on routine legal matters.
Prepare agreements, documents and pleadings relating to litigation and non-litigation
Manage the minute books; draft director and shareholder resolutions and minutes; and assist
with stock administration.
Assist with FDIC and other regulatory and public filings.
· 4-year college degree from an accredited college or university, paralegal
certification and/or degree preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of paralegal or equivalent legal experience with a law firm, bank
or financial institution is required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and legal research skills.
· Ability to work independently, demonstrate good judgment and interact with all
· Capable of handling multiple conflicting demands, managing substantial workload.
The Bank is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not
discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical
requirements for all positions at the Bank:
· Ability to verbally communicate effectively with others,
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language.
· Ability to accurately count and perform arithmetic calculations.
· Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels,
· Exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing
in performance of job duties,
· Ability to use various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to,
computers, pens, pencils, calculators, telephone, etc. to accomplish job duties.
· Travel by car, airplane, bus or train to other Bank offices and on occasion, to
other sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including, medical, dental, 401K and
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter to: HR@OneUnited.com or fax to
To learn more about OneUnited Bank, please visit us at WWW.OneUnited.com. Come join the
premier bank for urban
communities! One United Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.