DDB Worldwide (www.ddb.com), Adweek's Global Agency Network of the Year for the second year in
a row, is one of the leading advertising agency networks in the world with 206 offices in 96
countries. For 2004, DDB was named the Most Awarded Agency Network in the World by the Gunn
Report. DDB Los Angeles is currently looking for a Sr. Database Marketing Analyst.
Sr. Database Marketing Analyst reports to the Database Marketing Manager and works closely
with the account management team, media, clients, and 3rd party vendors to effectively develop
and target prospects, strategically plan and execute profitable marketing programs, and
ultimately measure results. The successful incumbent will be an integral member of the
database marketing team. This is an ideal position for an independent analytical/strategic
thinker, with a database marketing background, looking to strategically drive a direct
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
1. Oversee the preparation of program results and recommendations to clients on a daily,
weekly and monthly basis.
2. Analyze customer behavior and identifying marketing opportunities.
3. Design, write, test and validate programs necessary to execute analyses.
4. Provide marketing and database thought leadership on assigned projects.
5. Design appropriate sample and experiment structure necessary to achieve objectives.
6. Create queries and run procedures to extract customer and prospect counts from master file.
Able to translate highly technical, detailed data into valuable information that will help
clients take appropriate action. Manage client update communication-both written and verbal.
7. Provide database design and direction with respect to data element capture, data model
changes, reporting and extraction need and external data acquisition.
8. Partner with media and account services to identify areas to strategically optimize.
The ideal candidate will preferably have a bachelorís degree in information systems,
mathematics/statistics, accounting/finance, marketing or related field. This position requires
analytical, interpersonal, written communication, planning and organizational skills. Detailed
knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access are required. Report designing in to Business Objects is
required as well. A basic understanding of statistical tools such as SAS and practical
knowledge of statistical concepts and applications are a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org