ATS AUTOMATED TOOLING SYSTEMS Ė CORVALLIS, OREGON
As the world's leading supplier of single-source automation solutions to Fortune 100 companies
worldwide, ATS looks for talented people with strong abilities in our core areas of expertise.
We are looking for engineers, technical specialists or skilled tradespersons with a proven
track record in automation technology; control, test or quality software; or precision
manufacturing to join our team.
The industrial automation field is growing at an unprecedented rate. The opportunity for
professional development is virtually unlimited. If you would like to work with leading-edge
technology, in a fast-paced environment where you can expand and diversify your skills and
experience, contact us today. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
This position leverages specialized knowledge of automation tooling and manufacturing concepts
to fill a leading role developing concepts and cost models for potential ATSOR customers.
Responsible for completing all phases of quote generation during the sales cycle, especially
on larger, more complex opportunities where senior applications experience is necessary. May
coordinate the activities of Junior Applications Engineers on larger quoting efforts.
1. Responsible for conceptual development, preparation of cost model and writing
detailed technical proposals for all types of automation equipment and projects.
2. Involves key members of engineering management in cost models and conceptual layout,
in projects where technical complexity is large.
3. Involves third party vendors and suppliers in the quoting process, where necessary.
4. Travels to the customerís site to assist in project or product development, working
with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.
5. Provides sales presentations to customer personnel, when required.
6. Obtains and prepares detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor and material costs
required for work areas such as; product design, testing, machine building, equipment
installations and manufacturing processes.
7. Assembles and collects all necessary technical information and customer
specifications from engineering and sales & marketing, in order to prepare detailed proposals.
8. Assists in special projects in support for engineering and sales and marketing.
9. Adequately defines scope of work in proposals to allow project manager and project
team to begin work on system.
10. Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
11. Arrives to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as
1. Periodically assist with the Applications Engineering Managerís responsibilities
during his/her absence.
2. Assists and attends technical seminars and industry exhibitions.
3. Assists in formulating departmental strategic plan.
4. Serves as a member of various employee and organizational committees.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial design/Engineering or
2. Five years experience in mechanical/electrical systems design and applications
engineering, working knowledge of material handling, robotics, machine controls and
manufacturing engineering and processes. Requires solid technical assessment and presentation
skills, knowledge of preparing complex proposals and quotes.
3. Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and design tools such as
2D and 3D software ACAD or Solidworks.
4. Demonstraed effective verbal, written, and communication skills.
5. Valid State Driver's Licence required.