Want Ad Publications, a family owned and run business since 1957 is hiring! Want Ad
Publications is New England’s biggest and best classified ad source through its publications,
The WANT Advertiser and WHEELS, ETC. The Want Advertiser is "The Honor System Magazine,"®
where private parties can place an ad by web, E-mail, fax, phone, mail or in person and we'll
run your ad and you pay a commission of 10% of the selling price when the sale is made.
WHEELS ETC. is our photo classified ad magazine. We are located in Sudbury, Massachusetts
and offer a pleasant working environment and excellent benefits.
We currently seek an Account Receivable Clerk in the Circulation Department. The successful
candidate will be responsible for handling general accounts receivable functions, assisting in
the collection of delinquent accounts and working directly with the manager on internal invoice
· Ensure the accurate handling of all charge and cash accounts, recording amounts due,
sending weekly and monthly bills, and recording payments.
· Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
· Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation.
· Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
· Maintain accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
· Follow up with discrepant route returns to collect monies due or refund monies
· Provide for the prompt and accurate collection and recording of all Accounts
Receivables generated by the Circulation Department.
· Assist in revenue collection by identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient
payments to manager and assisting in resolution by helping to develop payment terms. Provides
positive interactions with all customers, distributors and media to ensure the company’s best
interest is served.
· Maintain historical records through filing of various documents.
· Data entry, filing, and general clerical duties.
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Two years related accounts receivable and/or collections experience or educational
· Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customer, prospective
customers, staff, vendors, and others.
· Must be analytical, methodical, organized, accurate, detail oriented, dependable,
flexible, and able to evaluate the outcome of actions and processes.
· Also needed: Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Analyzing Information, Verbal
Communication, Team Oriented, Dependable, and Ability to Multi-task.
If you are a team player with a great attitude and are looking for an outstanding opportunity,
please submit your resume along with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no phone calls or third party agencies.