· Addressing the aftermath of improper hazardous waste management by overseeing site cleanups.
· Evaluating response actions for implementing cleanups.
· Preventing releases of hazardous waste thru oversight of facilities and businesses that
generate, handle, transport, store and dispose of hazardous waste.
· Providing technical information and support to regulated businesses, local government
agencies and the public.
· Drafting regulations, policies and procedures related to hazardous waste management, site
cleanup and pollution prevention.
· Taking enforcement actions against those who fail to manage hazardous wastes appropriately.
· Exploring and promoting means of preventing pollution, and encourage reuse and recycling.
· Evaluating soil, water and air samples taken at sites.