Do you want to work with a worldwide leader in the communications industry? One who spans the
telecommunications continuum with products and services dedicated to enabling mobile
entertainment, messaging (including video and voice messaging), and content-based
applications? Then NMS Communications is for you. With over 20 years of industry experience
and innovative technology development, NMS is at the forefront of the communications industry
evolution, with decades of experience deploying products in networks around the world and
bringing value to our customers.
The Public Relations Manager is a hands-on strategist responsible for managing all PR
activities related to NMS businesses and product lines. As part of a Corporate Communications
and Competitive Intelligence group this individual will work closely with internal and
external resources to enhance awareness of NMS and our offerings and strengthen our position
in the market.
- Manage Boston-based corporate agency to ensure that pro-active and reactive media relations
in new and existing markets enhance the position of NMS Communications as the resource for
business and technology information on content-based mobile applications and next-gen media
services and as "the technology partner of choice, enabling a mobile world."
- Lead regular planning and briefing meetings with corporate agency, segment managers and
business unit managers, to ensure development (and modification, as needed) of PR strategies
and rolling 6-month plans for each business/product line
- Drive execution of plans and projects
- Assist with product/product line positioning; lead message development
- Review materials provided by the segment managers, MARCOM function and corporate agency for
messaging consistency, relevance to intended audience, and clarity of writing
- Ensure BU (Business Unit) executives are prepared for analyst and press activities
(background on press/analyst, presentation to aid discussion, media training when applicable)
- Draft press releases, including customer, partner and new product announcements
- Identify and create abstracts/pitches for speaking opportunities and for pro-active outreach
by corporate and EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Asia) agencies.
- Meet weekly as part of the Corporate Marketing team to recommend placement of communications
activities on the NMS web site; provide relevant materials
Assist corporate communications director in corporate activities, including:
- Update and post announcement calendar and speaking opportunities calendars on regular basis
- Provide input to corporate messaging and positioning as requested
- Prepare quarterly coverage evaluation and media tracking reports
- Periodically review corporate materials (backgrounder, web fact sheet, corporate
presentation, etc.) for content and message clarity as well as proper grammar, spelling and
- Develop corporate materials as requested
BA required and MBA preferred.
5-7 years experience in press/analyst relations, preferably both agency and in-house, and/or
strategic marketing and corporate communications.
Strong preference given to candidates with PR experiences with hi tech companies.
A worldwide, trusted partner and solutions provider to every telecom operators and
communications equipment on the Global Fortune 50 list, NMS offers a culture that encourages
initiative and creativity, and offers benefits such as stock options for all employees, 4
weeks paid time off, on-site fitness center and massage, and dry cleaning services — all these
add up to make NMS Communications the Best Place to Work.
Company: NMS Communications