1. Identify, articulate and advise senior management on human resources issues, policies and
practices that impact the mission or climate of the organization.
2. Manage/supervise assigned staff. Recruit, interview, hire, orient, train, appraise,
counsel, provide discipline as needed, and terminate as necessary.
3. Provide oversight of Affiliate-wide recruiting, selection and placement programs.
4. Identify training needs and develop an overall training program for the affiliate.
5. Direct and administer compensation programs that reinforce accomplishment of organizational
objectives. Develops salary range structures, incentive/recognition programs, and merit
6. Lead and provide oversight of the affiliate’s processes for 360 feedback, Employee
Engagement and Performance Management.
7. Develop a strategy and provide oversight for all employee benefit programs. This includes
group insurance plans, retirement and tax deferred annuity programs, and paid time off plans.
8. Partner with staff and management to resolve employee relations issues as they arise.
9. Maintain a human resource information system to facilitate management decisions and to
automate administrative processes.
10. Collaborate and participate with Human Resource Vice Presidents/Directors association-wide
to develop and improve human resource policies and practices used throughout the AHA.
11. In addition to the above, perform other duties as assigned.