The First Years, a brand of RC2 Brands, Inc., a leader in the collectible and toy industry, has
an immediate opening for a Marketing Research Manager located in Avon, MA.
This position reports directly to our Vice President, Research and Business Development. The
role will have primary responsibility of supporting multiple internal business units for
RC2/The First Years, and offers a unique ability to gain insights and perspectives on myriad
targeted consumers that we serve including Moms of infants to preschool; but also also older
children and adults. The success of the candidate depends on satisfying internal clients in
terms of speed, volume and quality of the work; and the ability to translate things learned
via consumer contacts into actionable results. Success will also require a demonstrated fast
“learning curve” both on understanding our various consumers and our business strategies and
- Work with Consumer teams and create research strategies that contribute to new sales
opportunities or better utilization of resources (capital, human resources).
- Write, field, and analyze surveys (est. 100 per year).
- Analyze home usage tests on those new items where trial feedback is required (estimate 40
- Develop protocols and assist in the recruitment and implementation of mother-child
observations in-home or in-office.
- Develop protocols and/assist if necessary with Consumer team/ Local Mom brainstorming
- Champion insights gleaned from research into actionable product or marketing concepts for
one or more of our consumer teams.
- Active contributor and presenter on SALES CALLS to KEY CUSTOMERS.
- Collaborate/consult on research methodologies, share insights and learnings with consumer
teams and corporate office.
- Budget accountability and resource management.
Skills & Knowledge:
Broad range of practical experience to many market research techniques within a consumer
products environment and/or a market research company.
Strong analytical skills and report writing abilities.
Ability to PERSONALLY handle a large volume of projects.
Service Oriented. Flexible and able to adapt to different personalities of Consumer Team
leaders/ needs/ and deliver research results when needed.
Strong communication skills. (Written and oral)
Good new product, marketing and merchandising instincts a plus.
Willing to EXECUTE the entire process (not just manage).
Bachelors degree in Marketing and/or Business Administration or equivalent.
5 years experience in market research related to consumer products.
Full-time position, willing to work overtime when necessary to meet deadlines.
Flexible personality with strong interpersonal skills.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. If interested and qualified please
submit salary requirements with a cover letter and resume.
Company: RC2 Brands, Inc.