Reporting to the Supplier Development Manager, key responsibilities of this position include:
· Company wide leadership for supplier development coordination with external battery
supplier, capacitor supplier and other mechanical implantable components.
· Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers with
respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics, and delivery.
· Assist suppliers to ensure that selection, development, and validation of manufacturing
processes, equipment, and tooling are performed to the meet state of the art ISO and FDA
· Ensure suppliers are able to meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery
of components and company requirements for supplier certification.
· Conduct supplier audits, supplier ratings and risk assessments, and cost reduction programs,
resolve supplier quality issues and driving continuous improvements for components.
· Facilitate and manage qualification testing that leads to the approval of components for use
in implantable products.
· Monitor and track the progress of supplier’s development, internal conformance to standards
and readiness evaluations
· Provide ongoing quality monitoring and interface with external vendors on line issues to
ensure highest quality product is maintained.
· Provide ongoing quality monitoring and interface with external vendors to ensure highest
quality product is maintained.
· Resolve supplier component-related problems, including yield issues and failure analyses.