* Accomplishes dental office human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting,
training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining dental assistants,
dental hygienics, and office staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring,
appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions;
enforcing office administration and dental practice policies and procedures.
* Achieves dental practice operational objectives by developing business strategic plans and
reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity,
quality, and patient-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; analyzing emerging
requirements; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets dental practice financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual
budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Assesses the condition of patients' oral cavities by examining patients' teeth and
supporting tissue using radiographic equipment, dental equipment, and instruments; utilizing
dental auxiliary staff.
* Develops patients' oral health care treatment plan by diagnosing conditions; consulting with
patients, dental specialists, and physicians.
* Repairs decayed and broken teeth by removing decay; contouring, restoring, extracting, and
replacing teeth; placing filling materials; taking impressions of existing teeth; prescribing
crowns; prescribing the fabrication of bridges, partial dentures, and full dentures.
* Maintains soft tissue by treating diseases of the gums.
* Maintains tooth nerves by performing root canal treatments.
* Minimizes dental procedure pain by administering local and general anesthetics when carrying