· Directs and coordinates general accounting, accounts payable, budgeting, central cash
services and payroll. Maintains all financial systems that support the provision of services.
· Oversees the financial reporting for the healthcare system and subsidiaries, ensuring
accuracy and completeness.
o Collects data, develops financial reports to meet all organizational and regulatory
o Ensures documents are provided according to organizational, government and regulatory
· Oversees organizational payroll systems ensuring processes meet Nevada and California wage &
hour laws and BHS policies.
· Interprets contracts, adheres to terms and conditions and identifies areas of cost savings.
· Chairperson of revenue cycle team.
· Prepares documentation for annual financial audits, interfaces with auditors and facilitates
interaction between auditors and other departments.
· Educates organizational leadership in the interpretation of all reports.
· Provides leadership and supervision to finance staff.
· Coordinates department activities
· Oversees human resource activities of the departments
· Oversees training and ensures staff competencies.
· Ensures ongoing compliance with all applicable regulatory standards and laws.
· Ensures ongoing monitoring of financial indicators and applicable PI activities; reports
activities as directed.
· Evaluates performance and develops plan of correction when opportunities for improvement is
· The Controller reports to the CFO