* Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information form
newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
* Supplies data describing new products to develop sales approach.
* Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit
orders, or talks with customers by phone.
* Advises customers of equipment for given need based on technical knowledge of products.
* Displays or demonstrates product, using samples, catalogs, and emphasizes salable features
* Quotes process and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
* Estimates date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of own firm's production and
* Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
* Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into company data base.
* Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries and other issues
* Attends trade shows
* Provides customers with advice in such areas as legal and insurance regulations, cost
analysis and collection methods to develop goodwill and promote sales.