Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and
materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the
dental practice act.
* Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
* Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping
* Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
* Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area;
positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
* Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the
* Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring,
trimming, and polishing study casts.
* Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations;
cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
* Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification,
emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
* Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
* Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and