The successful candidate will be the engineer responsible for the front-end portion (tuner &
demodulator) of one or more next-generation digital satellite receivers (set-top box).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Evaluation (cost, performance, power, risk) of various silicon solutions to perform the
front-end functionality of digital satellite receivers.
- Design and schematic creation of demodulator circuit, and review of tuner circuit (done by
- Assist with PCB layout to achieve proper system performance.
- Write demod software driver in C to be incorporated in system software
- Basic debug & bringup of front-end hardware.
- Debug & refinement of demod software driver.
- Detailed performance testing and verification of front-end system (BER vs. SNR, etc.)
- Work with silicon vendors & software team to implement functionality and solve problems.