Partners In Health (PIH)
Reports to: Financial Analysts
Location: Boston, MA
Job Description: As a key member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for the general
accounting activities including accounts receivable/payable, payroll, payroll taxes, bank
reconciliations and other related duties in the daily administration of the accounting
department. You will assist in the month-end close and various audit and compliance
requirements. You will initiate and implement processes and procedures that enable the company
to streamline the administrative functions. And you will assist program managers and
development staff in research of financial transactions.
1. Prepare monthly reconciliations of all Partners In Health local bank accounts. Prepare
daily cash report.
2. Record daily deposits into the general ledger. Reconcile monthly with fund raising
3. Process all invoices, check requests, and wire transfers through accounting system. Print
all accounts payable checks and prepare for mailing. Prepare Form 1099ís at year-end.
4. Prepare and record journal entries into the general ledger.
5. Maintain fixed asset schedules and calculate depreciation.
6. Collect all time sheets, enter information into the ADP payroll system, and distribute
paychecks. Prepare and record payroll journal entries into the general ledger after
calculating the allocation of payroll and benefit expenses via spreadsheets.
7. Prepare weekly cash flow report to include all daily receipts and disbursements.
8. Assist in preparing general ledger account analysis for audits and grant reports. Perform
analysis of financial information for tax reports.
9. Develop and maintain a well organized filing system of vendor, grant and accounting
10. Perform other tasks and projects as needed.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting.
2. Proficiency with automated accounting systems (Peachtree, a plus).
3. Strong computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Word and
4. Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a
timesensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
5. Creativity, flexibility, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and take
6. Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast-paced
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with culturally
clients, and consultants.
8. Prior experience with fund accounting in a non-profit organization is desirable.
e-mail to: email@example.com