Bracebridge Capital is a top-tier hedge fund with a strong track record of over thirteen years.
Based in the Boston area, the firm pursues quantitative relative value strategies primarily
within the global fixed income markets. Bracebridge trades government and corporate bonds
issued in both industrialized nations and emerging markets, as well as securitized products,
options, futures and a variety of other derivatives.
The Financial Reporting Manager will report to the Director of Financial Reporting/Tax.
He/She will work closely with other team members and the outside auditors to ensure timely
delivery of audited financial statements to the Bracebridge family of hedge funds including
both domestic and offshore master-feeder fund structures.
· Prepare and review annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with U.S.
generally accepted accounting principals.
· Prepare and review condensed schedule of investments, footnotes and financial
highlight disclosures including calculations of total returns, expense ratios, etc.
· Prepare and review monthly accounting reconciliations. Perform analysis to verify
the accuracy of the accounting records.
· Prepare and review accounting information for quarterly AUP and interim audit work.
· Prepare and review regulatory reporting for CFTC/NFA and CIMA.
· Document accounting policies and procedures.
· Assess and evaluate reporting processes and systems to ensure they are efficient and
effective. Work with internal technical resources to enhance existing processes and develop
new systems as required.
· Work closely with the valuation group to ensure compliance with FAS 157.
· Additional responsibilities may include researching and implementing operational
improvements, ad-hoc analysis and special project-type work.
· As necessary, may hire, train, and manage a team of up to 2 professionals in
delivering the financial reporting services. Oversee all aspects of personnel management for
these direct reports, including compensation management, training and team building.
· CPA with a BA degree in accounting or finance required.
· A minimum of 5-7 years experience including accounting experience of hedge/mutual
funds or investment companies.
· Knowledge of fixed income securities, derivatives and complex financial instruments.
· Skilled in computers, including advanced MS Excel.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to challenge current processes
in order to improve them.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to work with a diverse group
of internal and external resources, in a challenging, face-paced setting.
Please apply via FinancialReportingJobs@brcap.com