Berry Plastics Corporation has a tremendous opportunity at its location in Aurora, Illinois.
Company offers dynamic and growing culture of success. Please review the qualifications for
the job below and respond accordingly.
Develop, implement and maintain Company policy and procedure. Manage and supervise all
functional areas within responsibility to include but not limited to, salary administration,
payroll, benefits, training, labor relations and recruiting. Supervise and train Human
Resources staff. Keep department managers abreast of changes in employment law as well as
assure legal compliance. Make recommendations and volunteer creative ideas, trends and new
developments within the Human Resources and personnel areas. Work independently and make
decisions that are in the best interest of the organization.
· Overall responsibility for the Human Resources functional area.
· Responsible for the interpretation and application of Human Resources policies,
recommending changes and monitoring of compliance.
· Ability to focus on corporate objectives and maintain open communication.
· Responsible for management of Human Resources programs such as recruitment,
compensation, diversity, performance management, employee development, etc
· Provide leadership, vision and development of staff through training, coaching and
· Develop, coordinate and conduct some training programs within the HR area.
· Review, administer and update insurance and benefits package.
· Assist Plant Manager with updates of pay grade levels and other salary
· Coordinate performance and salary reviews.
· Payroll management.
· Participate and help coordinate plant safety programs.
· Prepare and manage Human Resources budget.
· Represent Company in worker’s compensation and unemployment insurance claims.
Ensure OSHA compliance.
· Administer and monitor FMLA and STD paperwork.
· Manages HR Records
· Provides HR support for HR activities such as continuous improvement initiatives,
affirmative action plan, integration, acquisitions, and staffing.
· Minimal travel for training seminars/conferences, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bilingual Spanish, preferred
· Strong interpersonal relations.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Consulting and influencing skills.
· Strong team orientation.
· Working knowledge of state and federal laws.
· Conflict resolution and good problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to interact effectively at all levels in the organization.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
· Well organized.
· Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes).
· Experience with electric motor maintenance, extrusion equipment and converting
Required Experience & Education:
Experience / Education: Bachelors degree in Human Resources preferred or the equivalent of
three to five years experience in the Human Resources field with two years supervisory
experience. PHR and/or SPHR preferred.