Exciting entry-level opportunity for a detail-oriented, hard-working individual who is looking
to begin a career in IT or Operations.
We are the technology division of United Communications Group (www.ucg.com), one of the
world’s largest publishers of professional newsletters, journals and magazines. We also
produce hundreds of seminars, conferences and trade shows annually, both domestically and
We are seeking an IT/Operations assistant who will be responsible for a variety of tasks
involving software, hardware, database manipulation and assistance in network administration.
The ability to communicate with management and other departments is key to the position’s
The right candidate for this job will be open-minded, self-motivated, and a strong
multi-tasker. He or she will be eager to learn everything about how we do business today and
how we will do business tomorrow.
Essential Job Functions:
· Software and network configuration on new PCs.
· Manipulating data for list selects.
· Administering parts of our e-mail broadcast and CD replication systems.
· Assist in troubleshooting user issues both local and network.
· Assist in testing, implementing and maintaining new technologies.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Ability to work in a fast paced, fun environment.
· Ideal candidates will have been exposed to Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access and SQL.
· Candidates should also posses a working knowledge of network architecture and
· Must be comfortable with new technologies.
· Ability to set and meet deadlines.
This is not a 9 to 5 position – but the rewards are great. In addition to salary based on your
experience, you’ll have great benefits (health, dental, 401k, reduced rate auto insurance,
flexible pretax medical plan, pretax dependent care, tuition reimbursement) and tremendous
long-term growth potential. You’ll be surrounded by friendly co-workers, and if you’re like
most of them, this will be best company you’ve ever worked for.
Want to learn more? First visit the web site of our parent company at www.ucg.com Then check
out the information products in our Dedham-based technology division at www.ucgtech.com
If you’re still interested, send a resume and cover letter to:
or fax to: 781-320-9466,
attention: Director of Operations
or mail to:
990 Washington Street, Suite 308
Dedham MA 02026.