Doble Engineering Company is a world leader in the manufacturing of electrical and electronic
diagnostic test equipment and in offering specialized engineering consulting services for
owners of high voltage apparatus.
A senior software engineer ensures that all software and firmware products developed, or sold
by Doble Engineering for protective relay testing is tested and verified to meet the design
requirements and other electrical transmission and distribution industry standards and is
actively involved in the design and development of many types of software.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop applications and systems for testing protective relays in real-time using embedded
- Be involved in the design and development of many types of software, including software for
operating systems such as device drivers, software for network distribution using ISO
standards, software numerical processing and data acquisition, and real-time control of high
voltage and high current sources.
- Analyze usersí needs and design, construct, and maintain general computer applications
software and specialized utility programs on embedded systems and personal computers.
- Write documentation and specifications for software produced by contractors.
- Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Apply
principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis.
- Responsible for adherence to Dobleís SOPs, ISO procedures and safety procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate:
- Four-year college or university degree with major course work in Computer Science; OR a
combination of experience, education, and training equivalent to a four-year degree in
- Four-years experience in development of realtime control systems
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Ability to independently plan and organize oneís own activities.
- Knowledge of: the principles of protective relay testing; IEC 61850 and RS-232 communication
standard; ASN-1 notation; TSIP message protocol; operating principles and applications of GPS;
pSOS multi-tasking real-time operating system; Comtrade File format; signal processing
concepts such as filters, harmonics, distortion, noise, sampling rates, Nyquist criterion,
spectrum; Circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment and computer hardware and
software, including applications and programming; Boolean algebra and integrated logic
circuitry; Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications;
including Fourier transform and affine transforms; basic electrical concepts such as AC
current, impedence, electrical power, power factor, resistance, inductance, capacitance, Ohmís
- Strong customer service skills
- Project management skills, including strategic planning, resource allocation and leadership
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to sit, walk, use
computers, read, write, type, use fax machines, use copy machines, file paperwork, use
telephones and utilize written and oral communication to interact with clients and co-workers,
and to utilize focused concentration to complete tasks.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to sit, stand, maintain
focused concentration, use computers, perform tasks which require manual dexterity, read,
write, type, file paperwork, use telephones and utilize written and oral communication to
interact with co-workers.
It is the policy of Doble Engineering Company to recruit, hire, train and promote the most
qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including pregnancy and any illness
arising out of and occurring during the course of pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical
condition), sexual orientation, age, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, disability,
veteran status, genetic information or refusal to submit to genetic testing, familial or
marital status, sickle cell trait, medical condition, HIV, AIDS or AIDS-related conditions,
status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or
possession of a general education development (GED) certificate as opposed to a high school
We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package.
eamil to: firstname.lastname@example.org