ChoiceStream, Inc. provides OEM personalization solutions that make it easier for consumers to
navigate the vast universe of content and products to find those choices that they’ll really
enjoy. ChoiceStream’s corporate customers include on-line services, entertainment retailers,
web portals, wireless carriers, and ITV providers seeking to improve their end-user experience
and boost revenue with differentiated services that consumers value.
We are looking for a merchandising expert with online retail experience across multiple
product categories. Candidates should have at least 4 years experience in the retail industry
with a focus on buying and/or merchandising. The ideal candidate will have a good
understanding of products (and product categories), suppliers, margins, and inventory
practices across various segments of the retail industry (apparel, electronics, sporting
goods, etc.). The breadth and depth of a candidate’s knowledge of products and brands across
the retail landscape will be evaluated.
The position will require the ability to think about products in terms of taxonomy and
attributes, and to analyze and manage product data. “Shopping” or online retail will be the
candidate’s area of expertise working with a team of editor experts in other domains (web
search, music, movies, etc.) to develop ChoiceStream’s personalization solutions. It is
important that the candidate be comfortable working with spreadsheets and databases.
Proficiency with Excel is required. Familiarity with databases like SQL is a plus.
• Analyze product data feeds for integrity, depth, breadth and review/evaluate taxonomy
• Analyze product data feeds in terms of product attributes and work with science and
engineering teams to develop a classification system
• Analyze product data feeds in terms of demographic preferences and demand in the
• Evaluate recommendations for overall personalization quality
• Work with the science and engineering teams to create effective methods for testing the
overall personalization quality of recommendation
• Assist in the analysis of recommendations in other domains (web search, movies, movies, TV,
etc.) as part of editorial team
• Perform ongoing editorial functions for development and existing products.
• minimum 1 years experience for an online retailer
• minimum 4 years experience in the retail industry (excluding sales floor or store
• Extensive knowledge of products and suppliers within at least one of the following product
areas: apparel, home, electronics, sports & outdoors, or toys
• Demonstrated proficiency working with Excel. Familiarity with large databases (Access, SQL,
AS400) is a plus.
• Ability to think about content in terms of content attributes, classification, user
preferences and trends.
• B.S. or B.A. required. Strong math and analytical skills are required.
Company: ChoiceStream Inc
Contact: Janet Tatten