Technical Writer – Framingham, MA
Connected Corporation, a subsidiary of Iron Mountain Incorporated, provides storage software
for automated protection, archiving and recovery of distributed data. The company's powerful,
yet easy-to-use solutions help customers protect and centrally manage data from PCs and
Windows servers, while eliminating costs and burdens associated with capturing and recovering
highly distributed data. Customers range from mid-size businesses to more than 600 of the
world's largest corporations, including Boeing, Deutsche Telekom, EDS, Hewlett-Packard, SAP,
Schlumberger and Toyota. The company's solutions are offered as a subscription service or as
licensed software. Connected is based in Framingham, Massachusetts, with multiple U.S. and
Basic Function of the Job:
We have a position available for a full-time technical writer. This writer will work on a
documentation team to research, write, edit, and deploy hardcopy, online help, and Web-based
documentation for client and server backup and data protection applications. The writer will
work with product teams within Engineering to ensure that documentation is complete and
accurate and to support other team members in their roles. The writer will also assist in
determining documentation deliverables for forthcoming product versions.
Required experience includes:
- Five to seven years experience writing hardcopy, online help, and Web-based documentation
for client and server applications
- Experience writing for both end-user and system administrator audiences
- Strong project planning and management skills, including the ability to self-start and
- Technical aptitude with the ability to work closely with software engineers, quality
assurance engineers, interface designers, and project managers in a development team
- Expertise in FrameMaker and general HTML
Preferred experience includes:
- Working knowledge of storage and/or backup and recovery technologies
- Experience with WebWorks, FrontPage, Visio, Acrobat Distiller, and source control systems
- Experience creating illustrations for manuals
The candidate should also be prepared to provide documentation samples that demonstrate strong
technical writing skills.
Please No Agencies Submittals.
At this time we are considering only local candidates who do not require relocation and those
who are able to work without employer sponsorship.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants MUST include salary history/expectations.
PLEASE MAKE SURE “Tech Writer – KL/FT” APPEARS IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL!
Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted
Connected Corporation requires pre-employment substance abuse screening and subsequent