At AMETEK Power Instruments, we serve the power generation market with a suite of
instrumentation for gas turbine engines. We are a key supplier to engine manufacturers for
instrumentation, engine sensor, and condition monitoring. AMETEK instruments are currently
installed in every major turbine generation installation in the world! We also provide sensor
systems for boilers and burners used in a variety of industries worldwide.
We are now in need of a seasoned design engineering supervisor to join our engineering group
in Wilmington, MA.
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer Supervisor In this position, you will be responsible to
oversee the engineering group for the design, documentation, manufacturing engineering, and
verification of instrumentation used for temperature, pressure and flame sensing in gas
turbine engines. Your responsibilities shall include:
• Analysis of product specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that
can be produced by existing and new manufacturing facilities and methods
• Performance of research, feasibility and modeling studies of new product concepts
• Conducting of laboratory and bench top experimentation for proof of concept testing and
• Generation of test plans and execution of qualification testing
• Direction of the preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and
• Communication with members of engineering, procurement, marketing, and manufacturing groups
as part of the product development process
• Customer interface in support of the Power Instruments business development
You must have a BSME with 7 – 10 years of mechanical design and manufacturing experience with
demonstrated knowledge of heat transfer, fluid dynamics and structural analysis. A Masters in
Mechanical Engineering would be a plus. Your work history should indicate that you are just as
comfortable working hands on in a lab as you are leading a cross functional development team
and managing large projects with frequent customer interaction. Demonstrated proficiency using
analytic and modeling software required.
There is no relocation package available for this position.
No agency resumes will be considered.
Please include your salary requirements.
AMETEK Power Instruments offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program. We are an
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.