SENIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT ENGINEER/
SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER POSITION
Senior Customer Support Engineer/Senior Technical Support Engineer Position
We are looking for highly motivated technology oriented individuals who want to make a
difference within a growing corporation and Technical Support organization. They will be the
best and the brightest candidates amongst their peers.
This individual will be able to provide technical leadership and be responsible for the
support of Yantra’s Suite of Software products based on an advanced web architecture: UNIX,
Java, Oracle RDBMS, C and MS SQL Server platforms, XML, web services, application servers like
WebLogic or WebSphere using IE browser and standalone applications. Support provided may be in
the form of Supply Chain Functional knowledge support, Technical issues troubleshooting, Java
code development support, and UNIX and Database administration support. Support may also take
the form of programmatic troubleshooting and debugging of System interfaces and User
Interfaces. This position will require in-depth troubleshooting of highly complicated issues
involving Yantra’s proprietary programs as well as interfaces with third party systems and
custom code. Average issues handled by Senior Technical Support Engineers require three or
four hours of investigation.
The candidate will:
· Be involved in all aspects of the support of Yantra products.
· Participate in the handling of customer and implementation issues.
· Spend 70% of time researching issues; 30 % of time on phone coverage
· Minimal Travel 10% of the time to client sites for support and training purposes.
· Provide support to professional services and its partners
· Provide Support to field teams in the development of Java based system extensions
· Interact with other groups throughout the company to facilitate the release of products and
· Mentor Junior Engineers to improve their knowledge and productivity.
· Develop tools to help to improve the productivity of the team in troubleshooting Yantra
Software and the infrastructure issues.
· Provide after hours Support as scheduled
· Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows and Linux
· Proficient in following: Unix Shell, Java, C, XML, SQL, PL/SQL
· Support Experience: 4-7 Years of Support or relevant technical experience.
· Relational Database skills, Oracle and/or MS SQL server. The individual should have
outstanding SQL experience that will enable them to, review DB schema’s, select data, review
PL/SQL code, and participate in SQL tuning efforts.
· Knowledge of J2EE architecture
· Knowledge of WebLogic or WebSphere application server desirable
· Knowledge of supply chain management, order management, ERP applications, and/or financial
systems a plus.
· Programming skills in Java, C++ -, C,or PL/SQL is required. 1+ years Programming experience
is a plus.
· Excellent communication, mentoring and analytical skills
BS/CS Computer Science, Engineering, or Applications, Operations Research, Industrial
Engineering or Math with computer literacy and programming capabilities. MS is a plus.
Yantra is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Company