Evergreen Solar is looking for an experienced device engineer to join our R&D team. The
qualified candidate will possess effective problem solving skills as well as the ability to
work across departmental lines. As Evergreen Solar continues to grow, this role will be
instrumental in our ability to improve product performance and manufacturing capabilities.
• Characterize the optical and electrical performance of solar cells using IV
analysis, minority carrier lifetime measurement, light beam-induced current
(LBIC), reflectivity, and similar analyses.
• Model the optical and electrical performance of solar cells using programs
such as PC1D, and extend such models to include effects due to substrate
• Use modeling to relate solar cell performance to process and material
• Work with process engineers to develop improved processes which increase the
conversion efficiency and/or reduce the production cost of the solar cell.
Skills and Experience:
• To be considered for this role you will possess a MS degree and/or a PhD in
electrical engineering or semiconductor physics or equivalent experience
• Course work or an additional degree in material science would be desirable
• Previous experience with PC1D is highly desirable. As an alternative,
experience with BSIM3v3 or similar models which relate electrical device
performance to physical material parameters would also be acceptable
• A minimum of 4 years previous experience, including 1-2 years of experience
in modeling electrical performance of semiconductor devices and relating such
performance to process and material parameters
• Several years of progressive electrical engineering background in a related
• Previous experience with design of experiments and statistical data analysis