PCCI is seeking a Java Developer.
· Work collaboratively with business analyst, project manager, and other teammates to help
define business requirements which are technologically feasible.
· Create prototypes and proofs of concept as required (e.g. screen layouts, implementation of
new class libraries, etc.)
· Contribute to technical design of application enhancements and new functionality. Generate
technical design documentation (e.g., UML artifacts).
· Contribute to database design, using data modeling skills and knowledge of RDBMS concepts to
drive database design jointly with business analyst, DBAs and developers.
· Develop application functionality meeting business requirements, within given deadlines.
· Utilize mature software development practices (documentation, source code control,
structured unit testing, etc.).
· Thoroughly document and comment all functionality developed.
· Conduct thorough unit and system testing, and provide support during user acceptance
· Mentor a staff member currently learning Java/J2EE development skills.
· Support applications in the production environment as required.
· Demonstrable development and problem-solving ability and experience in : object-oriented
analysis and design, UML, Java (both language and core APIs of JDK 1.4), and J2EE (servlets,
· Intermediate or better level of experience with Eclipse and WebSphere (including the WSAD
IDE) is a requirement for any but the most senior candidate.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work
collaboratively within a small team setting, are a necessity. The individual should be able to
communicate appropriately with non-technical representatives of the business, but also able to
understand technical implications. Ability to quickly grasp business functionality is needed.
· Experience in RDBMS concepts, technology, and toolsets (SQL, JDBC, data modeling notation,
Erwin). Demonstrable ability to write SQL, stored procedures, triggers, etc. Knowledge of
Oracle is a plus.
· Experience using structured development methodologies, source code control, etc.
· Knowledge of design patterns, MVC architecture, and XML are strong positives.
· Motivated self-starter who will take initiative to determine necessary steps, act on them,
and ask questions as needed.
· Background in or familiarity with key financial services concepts, especially custody and/or
fund accounting. The ideal would be 5+ years of development experience in the financial
· Preferred: BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
PCCI (Pinkerton Computer Consultants Inc.) is a leading, high-end, privately held information
technology professional services company with particular strengths in the financial services,
telecommunications, insurance, government and e-Business markets. Founded in 1967 in the
Philadelphia area by William D. Pinkerton, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, PCCI has
grown to become an international organization that employs over 1,500 persons and serves major
commercial, federal, and state government clients. PCCI's wide-ranging services are provided
through three divisions (PCCI, ATG and Provident/Offshore) working seamlessly to provide the
right mix of skills for its clients' individual needs.
PCCI stands strong as one of the most respected and financially sound technology firms in the
Please send a resume to email@example.com
Only those candidates identified by the PCCI Boston recruiting staff as suitable matches for
open positions will then be notified. Thank you for considering PCCI as a place of employment
and best of luck in your job search.