Title: Senior/Principal Software Engineer-Windows Security Expert
Skills: ADSI,LDAP,Win32,Windows Security,C++,Threads
Location: Andover, MA
Area code: 978
Tax term: FULLTIME
Pay rate: TBD
Length: Full Time
Position ID: 05006
Dice ID: RTL93380
Role: Senior/Principal Software Engineer - Windows Security Expert
A Principal Engineer is responsible for architecting, designing, implementing, testing and
supporting server-side and client-side components of the Vergence Identity and Access
Management solution. A Principal Engineer takes responsibility for leading the development of
significant software components. A Principal Engineer works in co-operation with Software
Development Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers and Release Engineers. The Sentillion
Software Development group works in a highly co-operative manner with our internal Quality
Assurance department and our clients; A Principal Engineer must be an effective communicator.
A Principal Engineer is also responsible for providing technical mentoring and leadership
within the Software Development team. A Principal Engineer must also be able to work
effectively with development teams in other companies with which Sentillion has business
* Masters Degree in CS, EE or equivalent and 6 or more years of software development
experience or a Bachelors Degree with 8 or more years of experience.
* 6+ years C++ development experience in a Microsoft OS environment.
* Experience working within a professional development environment with a documented
development process and focus on delivering quality software products.
* Expert-level knowledge concerning Windows Security API.
* Experience with various security technologies, e.g. Public Key Cryptography, SSL
* Demonstrated ability to utilize threads, synchronize threads and deal with potential thread
* Demonstrated ability in using ADSI and LDAP libraries to perform user authentication,
password changes and account setting changes against Microsoft Active Directory, Novell
Netware and various LDAP servers.
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team environment.
* Excellent problem solving, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work directly with technical partners or customers in a consulting
or joint development role.
* Ability to quickly learn unfamiliar technologies.
* Work as a key member of a project team leading the delivery of high quality components that
meet the customer's requirements.
* Specify and Design server and client-side software components in conjunction with a
Development Manager and Product Marketing
* Design and Develop test strategies for components being developed
* Implement components using C++ or other languages as appropriate
* Lead code and design reviews as appropriate
* Providing mentoring to other members of the development staff
* Work with Quality Assurance engineers in developing functional tests for functionality being
* Work with Release Engineers in developing build, installation and release scripts for
* Work with customer support in resolving customer issues
* Delivery of work products to committed schedules.
* Degree to which completed components meet the established requirements for functionality,
performance, supportability and reliability.
* Effectiveness of working relationships with other members of the product development team,
including Product Management, Quality Assurance and Release Engineering.
* Quantity and impact of contributions to improving the overall effectiveness of the
development team and its processes.
Sentillion is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts. Software Development Engineers will
work on-site at Sentillion headquarters. Some occasional travel may be required in working
directly with customers on resolving product issues and refining product requirements.