We're looking for an energetic, seasoned marketing professional to join our marketing team.
You should have at least seven years' experience of technology and solutions marketing; enjoy
client interaction and be able to implement all elements of an integrated corporate program. A
confident communicator with strong writing skills and a deep understanding of retail and
enterprise technology would be ideal.
WorldWide Retail Exchange is the premier online Exchange for the retail industry with offices
around the world in Alexandria, Chicago, London, Paris, and Tokyo. We develop and implement
supply chain technologies and manage change mainly in the retail marketplace around the globe.
Our company is owned some of the world’s largest retailers and suppliers, with 200+ customers
including: Aeon, Ahold, Best Buy, Albertsons, Tesco, Casino, Safeway, Paramount Pictures and
Your responsibilities will include developing a go-to-market strategy for our newly merged
organization and for its products. You will oversee all internal event and tradeshow
consistency and plan and will work with a defined budget. As well, you will oversee all
marketing, advertising, promotional staff, and agency staff and activities. Your ability to
create a marketing ‘franchise’ and matrix team with the product business units and assist the
senior management of the company in their marketing and communications endeavors will be key.
The role is high profile, reports directly to the SVP Marketing & Global Services, and is a
Therefore, some global travel is expected.
All WWRE team members are expected to work in alignment with the WWRE’s Core Values:
Collaborate: Work together as a team, internally and externally
Communicate: Communicate clearly, consistently, and directly – both internally and
Consistency: Live our vision, objectives, measurements, and repeatable best
Confidential: Maintain impartiality, neutrality, and honesty in our dealings with one
another and our customers
• Create a company brand and successfully launch to the marketplace
• Identify the most efficient ways to effectively address target market segments in the retail
marketplace across the globe
• Develop collateral, both electronic and print.
• Develop and implement member industry forums
• Build a trade show/external event program
• Responsible for the creation, execution, and analysis of a yearly satisfaction survey
• Manage the overall marketing and promotion budget
Skills and Expertise:
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work across all teams in the organization
• Understanding of the retail industry and retail technology marketplace
• Candidates with established relationships in the retail industry “circuit’ and a rolodex of
retailer and suppliers will have a strong advantage – particularly Retail supply chain and
collaboration track record
• Thorough knowledge of online and direct marketing. B-to-B preferred.
• Strong computer and Internet skills.
• Strong MS Excel and PPT skills
• Excellent writing skills, ability to develop creative briefs and copy.
• Experience in a global market desired
Globalization and Language Requirements:
• Previous Experience working for a global organization or living abroad
• Fluency in foreign languages a plus
Education and Experience:
• 5-7 years experience in a progressive marketing/solutions technology marketing roles
• Project management experience, ability to manage multiple deadlines, keep projects on
schedule and within budget.
• Bachelor’s degree
What would determine success in this position?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty
satisfactorily and independently, and sustain such performance indefinitely. This list is
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the