Carl Zeiss SMT Inc.is currently looking for a highly motivated Logistics Manager with a
take-charge attitude and a passion for excellence for our corporate headquarters in Thornwood.
This candidate will manage all warehouse activities, ensure adequate inventory of spare parts
in accord with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy, and coordinate shipping,
receiving and returns activities.
This is position requires good organization skills, ability to plan, coordinate, and handle
changing priorities. The successful candidate must possess the willingness to be a hands-on
working manager and demonstrate the desire to increase the departmentís efficiency through
continuously improving procedures and work practices. This manager must coordinate with our
production facilities in England and Germany.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement and implements systems and
procedures designed to improve the flow of spare parts to our customers and field service
* Responsible for managing, training, and directing the work of the inventory warehouse
* Ensures that orders arrive and are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations and in
the expected quantities;
* Works to develop and implement inventory control procedures, including cycle counts and
follow through on received goods and returns;
* Must be customer focused and team oriented;
* Attention to detail/accuracy is critical
* Excellent inter-personal skills; Ability to coordinate with our overseas facilities;
Effective communication skills; Problem solving/conflict resolution abilities;
* Technical or Associate degree in Business Mgmt, Logistics, or related field is preferred; 5
to 7 years of inventory control warehousing management experience required; Experience with
SAP systems a plus.
The ability to handle physical requirements, including but not limited to, repeated bending,
stretching, twisting, and lifting
Salary is commensurate with background, qualifications, and experience.