Barneys New York a leading luxury retailer is currently seeking an Planner for our Women's
Merchandise Planner: Develop merchandising strategies for sales, inventory, markdowns and
profit by department in the Women's COOP businesses; in partnership with the Merchants.
- Develop, analyze and maintain sales and inventory plans by location to maximize sales, gross
margin and turn
- Create, maintain and monitor open-to-buy with the merchants.
- Identify business opportunities to maximize profitability through the forecasting of sales
using various forms of analysis and recommend actions.
- Identify business risks and recommend actions.
- Evaluate inventory aging, vendor and classification assortments to improve productivity
- Partner and with communicate merchants, store management, and senior executives to improve
- 3-5 years experience in retail preferably as a planner
- Very strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills along with critical thinking skills
We offer a highly competitive compensation package and generous discount. Only qualified
candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Barneys New York. EOE