Manufacturing engineering support with experience in commercial, low-cost, high volume
applications. Specific manufacturing experience should include: plastic molding, metal
casting, sheet metal, welding and bonding processes and high volume assembly techniques. Must
be proficient using 2D CAD tools. Must be able to support various departments and oversee the
manufacturing of multiple projects. Must be able to innovate new manufacturing improvements
through creativity and awareness of state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Special Processes: Setting up and supporting special manufacturing processes. This includes
specifying the process, documenting the process, selecting/purchasing and implementing the
necessary equipment/machinery, documenting and trending the process results, and providing
ongoing support for all aspects of the process.
· Liaison: Act as a liaison working very closely with sales department regarding custom
applications, and resolving customer addressed issues that are unique to their applications.
This requires working with engineering and manufacturing to solve design problems in the
prototype phase, as well as documenting all resolutions for customer approval. Also required
is customer liaison to communicate and resolve technical or component availability issues.
· Documentation: Provide manufacturing with the necessary documentation and instructions to
successfully manufacture the product. This includes developing travelers, manufacturing visual
aids, and Manufacturing Process Specifications.
· Sustaining support: Provide floor support by interpreting drawings and solving manufacturing
problems. This includes
1. sourcing replacement compressors or components when OEMs discontinue models used in
2. review all models for opportunities to standardize components and reduce cost,
3. meet with vendors to design for manufacturing/assembly and reduce costs,
4. review line layout to increase production output and yield where possible,
5. perform engineering tests on proposed new components to insure they meet specifications,
· Change Orders: Generate Engineering Change Orders, Autocad drawings, Bills of Material, and
other computerized drawing applications.
· Cost Estimating: Provide proposal input for required man-hours for manufacturing and other
special issues such as tooling and facilities requirements and capabilities.
· MRB Support: Disposition all “Non-conforming Material”. This requires the ability to
interpret manufacturing drawings and purchasing documents to determine the most cost and time
efficient disposition/solution for material and manufacturing discrepancies. This includes
determining whether or not a drawing change is required.
· Tooling/equipment support: Provide manufacturing with sustaining tooling and equipment
support. This requires knowledge of the current and future manufacturing needs as well as the
latest and overall equipment selection available in industry.
Casual work environment. Please no phone calls. Company is not willing to pay for relocation.
Email resumes to: email@example.com or Fax to: (858) 558-1915 Attn: HR