Description : Product Development / Manufacturing Support Engineer : Piezoelectric Speaker
Job Purpose: Develops products by developing design, test, and manufacturing solutions;
* Develops product design solutions by completing design analysis and calculations; evaluating
options; performing trade-off studies; selecting optimum solution; coordinating with
* Proves product design by developing test plans; advising assembly laboratory; adjusting
design; running performance calculations; maintaining quality standards; approving
* Responsible for new designs, product upgrades, and quality improvements.
* Maintains product budget by tracking developmental costs; identifying probable product
manufacturing costs; examining least-cost alternatives; defining cost-effective assembly &
test procedures / equipment for high volume production.
* Leads ongoing cost reduction programs.
* Defines materials, material specifications, and vendor requirements.
* Supports marketing & manufacturing personnel by evaluating competitive products and
* Maintains ISO documentation by recording design, assembly, and test procedures.
* Supports other departments by defining Q.A. procedures & requirements for both
internal manufacturing and external vendors.
* Develops product literature and data sheets by preparing, recording, interpreting, and
explaining technical data and performance.
* Provides technical support by providing information and answers to other departments;
offering solutions regarding warranty problems.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking product codes; participating in educational opportunities;
reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional
organizations; staying current with industry standards.
* Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Product Development, Product Knowledge, Requirements Analysis, Quality Focus, Presenting
Technical Information, Informing Others, Tracking Budget Expenses, Teamwork, CAD, CAD/CAM,
AutoCAD. Ability to work independently and be a self starter.
Company Information :
Bay area headquarters, informal / casual environment; results oriented. Piezoelectric
Speaker product line is manufactured offf-shore at our Philippine facility.
Technical or engineering degree ( M.E.; I.E.; E.E.; or equivalent); five + years
related work experience in engineering / manufacturing; specific experience in speakers
and audio engineering. Must be able to travel to the Philipines (to support
manufacturing), the Far East (to visit vendors), and within the U.S. ( to support
customers). Knowledge / experience with plastic injection molding processes important.
Normal company benefits provided. Significant benefit : running your own show; working