American Power Conversion (Nasdaq:APCC) provides protection against many of the primary causes
of data loss, hardware damage and downtime. Founded in 1981, APC is a leading provider of
global, end-to-end AC and DC-based back-up power products and services, which include surge
suppressors, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), power conditioning equipment, power
management software, and DC power systems as well as precision cooling equipment, and
professional and consulting services for Nonstop Networking™. APC, known for Legendary
Reliability™, sets the standard for quality, innovation and support for power protection
solutions from desktop systems to data center operations to entire facilities. APC’s corporate
offices are located in West Kingston, Rhode Island. The Company has sales offices throughout
the world; manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Ireland, Switzerland, Denmark, Philippines,
China, India, and Brazil.
American Power Conversion (APC) is seeking an experienced QUALITY ENGINEER to support each of
our Configure To Order (CTO) Centers. We are currently staffing this position in Naperville,
Illinois; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; and Los Angeles, California.
In this role, the candidate will ensure that all APC processes, requirements and product
requirements are adhered to so that the Acme CTO Center consistently builds, confidures and
delivers high quality products to APC customers. The Quality Engineer will serve as the single
point of contact for all quality issues between the CTO Center and APC while assisting Acme in
achieving ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 compliance. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Audits of finished goods and roving line inspections.
- Management of supplier quality by initiating and tracking supplier corrective action
requests and responses.
- Coordinates the MRP process. Overseeing disposition of defective parts and coordinating
of replacement material.
- Performs surveillance audits of manufacturing and distribution center processes to ensure
compliance with APC
process requirements and ISO-9000/ISO-14000 requirements.
- Assists Acme with ISO-9000/ISO-1400 system implementations.
- Performs root cause analysis for customer complaints and recommendations for corrective
- Issues and resolves internal corrective action requests.
- Coordinates defective product shipment holds.
- Writs rework instructions and confirms product re-inspections are acceptable.
- Reports quality metrics to APC corporate.
- Coordinates the disposition of defective product returns from customr.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME).
- 3-5 years experience in quality assurance in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in ISO-9000 quality and ISO-14000 environmental systems.
- Experience in internal auditing.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and computer skills.
- Able to travel occasionally as business needs require within the US.
APC employees enjoy a generous benefit package including company paid health and dental,
incentive bonus program, employee stock purchase program, tuition assistance and matching
Please visit our website at www.apcc.com