Are you looking for a challenging new career opportunity where you can use your supply chain
management and leadership skills in a company that has been ranked by FORTUNE’S Business 2.0
as the No.1 fastest-growing technology companies in the US?
Ceradyne, Inc., an ISO-certified company based in Costa Mesa, California, is a fully
integrated ceramics manufacturing company who develops, manufactures and markets advanced
technical ceramic products and components for the defense, automotive/diesel, industrial,
medical, orthodontics, and semi-conductor markets. Founded in 1967, Ceradyne serves global
markets and is represented throughout the US, Europe and Asia.
We are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to direct material procurement,
movement, allocation and inventory throughout its North American operations. This position is
critical to the success of the company’s goal of developing a world-class lean culture and
Key responsibilities, in which successful candidates must possess a proven track record in,
· developing successful vendor partnerships with the of goal a creating economic, reliable,
and timely flow of materials
· developing lean methods of providing materials for manufacturing
· demonstrating accurate accounting and management of inventories
· identifying the systems tools needed to implement best practice planning/forecasting methods
· leading reengineering efforts as it relates to supply chain planning and execution
Qualifications of ideal candidates should include
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, logistics or supply chain management or a
related field; an MBA is a plus.
· 7 to 10 years Supply Chain Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must have APICS and demonstrated lean credentials and training.
· Demonstrated process improvement achievements
Additionally, prior experience in purchasing and planning functions as well as demonstrated
skills in leading and developing teams (approximately 10-15 or more individuals) are a must.
Although the position is based in Southern California, there will be occasional travel
required to our out of state operations – this might be up to one week a month.
If you have the drive to deliver great results and work for an outstanding company, please
submit your resume and salary requirements to: RESUMES@CERADYNE.COM
Unfortunately, resumes submitted without salary requirements cannot be considered.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY -- NO RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE.
CERADYNE IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE,
MINORITY, DISABLED AND VETERAN APPLICANTS.