Supply Chain Manager
This position will report to the COO and is responsible for development and management of a
comprehensive supply strategy, qualification and selection of suppliers, supplier agreements
and negotiations, cost reduction, assurance of supply and price data management in ERP.
Additionally, this position will lead cross function teams to influence design for
manufacturing and supply chain on new programs and cost reduction efforts.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive supply chain strategy addressing key sourcing and
outsourcing factors including technology and cost roadmaps. Regularly review strategy with
management and suppliers. Maintain personal knowledge of supply base and sourcing capabilities
including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, and competitive landscape.
- The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the supplier selection and qualification
process. Includes structuring requirements and generating RFP/Q’s for existing and perspective
suppliers for evaluation; reviewing proposals; performing cost/value analysis of suppliers;
products and/or services; and communicating comparative results to engineering/manufacturing
- Negotiate supplier agreements including pricing, VMI, flexibility and liability.
- Create and maintain a system for evaluating supplier performance.
- Develop and drive cost reduction strategies including a thorough analysis of technology and
cost structures of supply base and internal designs.
- Represent and influence design for manufacturing and supply chain with design engineering
teams. Participate in product development design reviews.
- Maintain pricing data in ERP system and offshore manufacturing sites. Manage factory
procurement teams to ensure proper execution of supplier agreements and manage purchase price
- Develop ongoing linkages with design engineers to drive standardization in design and
sourcing across commodity.
- Provide regular updates to senior management.
- Self directed, highly motivated individual with:
- Strong knowledge of Telecom /High Tech complex manufacturing environment and contract
manufacturing including knowledge of key suppliers, pricing structures, industry trends and
best practices. Knowledge of RF technology a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic sourcing, procurement processes and contract
manufacturing relationships as well as strong project management skills. Electrical engineer
degree with strategic sourcing experience is preferred.
- Superior interpersonal, facilitation and change management and presentation skills.
- Solid analytical and communication skills including the ability to structure, collect,
analyze and communicate large volumes of complicated data. Knowledge of ERP tools. Proficiency
with Microsoft Office products required.
- Demonstrated success developing and leading high performance cross functional teams that
deliver quantifiable results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including negotiation and presentation.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong process orientation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering or Business required; MBA a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in direct material sourcing/procurement management in a
complex global environment or engineering position directly related to commodity.
- Strong knowledge of sourcing business processes required. Knowledge of e-sourcing and
e-procurement tools and their application within a complex global environment would be a
- International sourcing experience required.
- CPM/APICS certification and 6-Sigma a plus.
Business Unit offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including
Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(K) etc
For IMMEDIATE consideration, please email resume and optional cover letter to
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who values cultural diversity in the workplace.