PharMerica, a wholly-owned subsidiary of AmerisourceBergen (NYSE:ABC), has provided quality
pharmacy products, services, and consulting to long-term care organizations for more than two
decades. Today our regional pharmacies serve more than 300,000 patients. We understand that
the needs of the geriatric patient are complex and have designed our care program accordingly.
Moreover, those choosing us as their pharmacy partner are assured the friendly attention and
advocacy of a local pharmacy, as well as the savings and special services of a major
PharMerica is looking for a CHIEF PHARMACIST to join our NASHVILLE, TN location.
Join the team at PharMerica and you will be a pivotal member of one of the largest
institutional pharmacy providers in the nation. We offer an attractive salary, medical,
dental, vision, leading edge PTO, 401K with employer match, and a friendly, comfortable work
environment, and a quality of life outside of work!
Upon reviewing and interpreting prescriptions, compounds and accurately dispenses medication,
while maintaining efficient workflow to provide timely delivery. Maintains inventory and
record keeping for narcotics and similar drugs.
• Works with pharmacy management to direct and manages staff in a leadership role to maintain
a positive working environment by creating synergy and teamwork to minimize employee relations
issues and reduce turnover.
• Works with pharmacy management to effectively communicates with customers (DONs,
Administrators, Staff RNs) and successfully and strategically resolves customer issues.
• Works with pharmacy management to properly schedule associates to work in the pharmacy to
meet state pharmacy tech/pharmacist ratios and to meet daily productivity objectives.
• Works with pharmacy management to maintain PharMerica compliance standards to meet federal
and state regulatory compliance at all times.
• Works with pharmacy management to ensure implementation of daily operational quality and
cost containment strategies (pre-pack, front-end process, cycle-fill, etc) occurs on all
dispensing and procurement activities.
• Works with GM to monitors specific budgetary items to ensure compliance on a monthly basis
with cost of goods sold, wages and related, controllable/noncontrollable expenses.
• Works with pharmacy management to monitor the purchasing and inventory supply for the
pharmacy to ensure corporate goals are being met (inventory turns, preferred products,
generics, TI, controlled drug monitoring, etc..)
• Works with General Manager on other responsibilities, corporate initiatives (i.e. quality),
special projects, and initiatives as needed.
• Principle Interfaces:
Internal: Purchaser, Prepackers, Pharmacy Technicians, General Manager
External: Director of Nursing and Administrators (LTC)
• Education/Learning Experience
Required: Bachelor's degree or Pharm. D. from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
• Work Experience
Required: 0 – 1 Year in a retail, mail-order or institutional pharmacy environment
Desired: 3-5 years experience in a retail, mail-order or institutional pharmacy
environment. Prior supervisory experience.
Required: Knowledge of federal and state regulations, knowledge of drug interactions,
computer data entry skills.
Required: Current state R.Ph license.
• Behavior Competencies
Required: Detail orientation, technical competence, analytical ability,
Communication, teamwork, problem solving, & leadership.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to
813.318.6167 for further consideration.