· Manage joint facility contracts to ensure all necessary parties are aware of contract
· Interpret contracts, develop information, define company position and negotiate
resolution of contract issues or disputes.
· Directly involved with ongoing contracts with other railroads and the exchange of
information regarding identification of unusual terms that may cause operating budget
· Maintain internal and external contacts to ensure contracts required to support
operations are in place.
· Maintain contact with internal and external railroads to ensure contract compliance.
· In conjunction with railroad management, administer existing joint facility contracts
to ensure proper billing or payment is authorized and processed.
· Build and maintain database of existing and future agreements. Develop and update
contracts for all areas of Operations.
· Interface between Operations, Legal, Marketing, Accounting/Finance, Engineering,
Customer Service, Field Support and Information Technology, other railroads, other companies
and governmental municipalities and agencies.
· Assist railroad management in the preparation of the joint facility budget. Monitor
monthly accounts to verify accuracy and explain significant variances.
· Work with railroad and accounting to ensure proper handling of payments and
receivables are processed.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in railroad industry including exposure to operations,
marketing, and/or planning. Clear understanding of joint facility agreements also required.
· Contract work and/or negotiating experience should be a significant element of work
· Must possess well developed written and verbal communication skills that are
effective at all corporate levels.
· Ability to work with wide variety of personalities where parties often have
· Must be able to assume responsibility for projects and operate on a relatively
· Creative individual with the ability to think “outside the box”.
· Frequent exposure to a significant amount of confidential company information.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing
state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances.
RailAmerica offers a competitive compensation package including health insurance, 401K, an
ESPP program, relocation, profit sharing, etc. For additional information about the company,
please visit our website at www.railamerica.com