Assistant Manager, Distribution
Behr Process Corp.
Located throughout the US and Canada, America's fastest growing paint company is seeking
outstanding individuals for our organization. Our mission is to identify, develop, and retain
those people who are able to adapt to the rapid change that accompanies growth, and to develop
& deliver products of superior quality. Your ideas and experiences will greatly impact BEHR's
continuing success as the leader in the coatings industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interview, train, coordinate, direct, lead, review and counsel regarding the work of
Distribution Center personnel on multiple shifts to ensure compliance with proper operating
procedures and administrative practices.
- Develop and oversee implementation of warehouse safety procedures and ensure facility
- Organize, lead and direct safety activities of Distribution Center and Distribution safety
- Assure inventory transactions are completed in accordance with company procedures.
- Advise Manager and Transportation regarding problems and inventory control needs.
- Account for all inbound and outbound stock transfers.
- Ensure all orders are shipped with proper products, and documentation, as well as properly
rotated, and weekly cycle counts are coordinated.
- Monitor the processes to ensure accuracy and ensure all outbound bills of lading reflect
customer purchase order, total carton count, total weight, delivering carrier, additions, and
each proper labeling.
- Oversee the investigation and correction of freight discrepancies for inbound and outbound
- Coordinate appropriate product inventory levels with the transportation, paperwork flow and
maintenance of open order reports- Monitor in- and out-bound bills of lading for order
discrepancies and input errors and communicate errors to Manager.
- Maintain inventory of warehouse shipping supplies.
- College Degree required .
- 5 - 7 years demonstrated supervisory experience in a warehousing environment.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory control, ordering, stock rotation, product storage methods,
inbound and outbound freight shipping and receiving practices.
- Proven Leadership and use of supervisory principles and techniques.
- Experience in developing and conducting warehouse related training.
- Exposure to directing,leading and administering safety and security practices.
- Ability to operate a forklift, reach truck, rider jack, wrapper machine, order picker,
computer, tint machine, and slip sheet machine attachment.
- Proficent in motivation and active problem solving.
- Excellent skill in communicating effectively both orally and in writing with subordinates,
shipping/delivery/transportation personnel, and management.
- Computer skills; Warehouse database experience required, SAP experience preferred.