The Los Angeles Times, a Tribune Publishing Company needs an experienced Product Manager to
lead development of a major new entertainment website. The Product Manager will own the
development of product strategy to support online business goals for entertainment, including
growth in revenue, reach, profitability, and user experience metrics. The product manager will
also play a crucial role in integrating new entertainment products into latimes.com as part of
an upcoming site redesign.
· Conduct market analysis. Size market opportunities and analyze user and advertiser needs to
define and prioritize product requirements
· Develop phased product rollout plans and distribution strategies that support the defined
product strategy and drive market share growth
· Work with cross-functional development teams (user experience, technology, and usability
testing staff) to create the development plan; build operating budgets and evaluate
partnership opportunities as required
· Work with marketing staff to develop promotional strategies
· Insure operating plan reaches revenue, profitability, and user experience metrics
· 5+ years of product management experience and a proven track record managing the design,
development and launch of successful Internet products. Additional experience at a venture
capital firm or leading consulting firm a strong plus.
· Knowledge of and passion for the entertainment industry
· Strong analytical and strategy skills
· Experience working with cross functional teams
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong technical understanding of Internet technologies
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience, bonus, 401(k), and comprehensive benefits.
Will consider contract as well s full time. Please place job title in the subject of your
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Company: Tribune Company
Contact: Kenneth White