Basic Job Function:
The Software Engineer position exists to perform research, design and software development
assignments within a specific software functional area.
• BS/CS or equivalent
• Working knowledge of J2EE architecture: Java, EJB, XML, XSL
• Ability to work in a Unix and Windows environment
• RDBMS proficiency: SQL scripting, stored procedure development
• A plus: experience with EDI or Web Services
• Ability to work independently
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to provide both detail information and also summarize to a management level
• Ability to work through problems and reach a workable solution
• Ability to learn large, simple-to-moderate complex systems
• Ability to work in ambiguous situations
1. Writes and reviews portions of detailed specifications for the development of system
components of simple to moderate complexity.
2. Interfaces with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
3. Provides feedback on technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
4. Develops low level designs.
5. Codes proficiently in the required language(s).
6. Participates in design, code and test reviews.
7. Performs unit testing based upon test plans generated and reports results to his/her
8. Develops and executes performance, integration and test plans.
9. Perform support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring,
debugging, problem resolutions, etc.).
10. Other duties as assigned.
Send your resume and cover letter referencing the above position and your salary expectations
in one of the following ways:
• By e-mail, please save it in Microsoft Word or in plain text (ASCII format) to
• Fax to (916) 921-4310; Attention Human Resources
• Or mail to LexisNexis Examen Inc., Human Resources 3831 North Freeway Blvd., Suite 200,
Sacramento, CA 95834.
LexisNexis Examen Inc. is an EOE