Designer – Graphics & Product
The Glassware & Candle Division of Lancaster Colony Corp, has an immediate need for a full
time designer to join our creative team. We are seeking a talented, dedicated and organized
individual who is capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced
environment, while maintaining a high level of creativity. You must be able to work
independently, as part of a team and with various departments to continuously meet all project
objectives both creatively and technically.
This position is responsible for the conceptualization and development of packaging graphics
and product for the division. Product category responsibilities include candles, candle
accessories and floral vases. Candidates must have a strong sense of lifestyle, fashion, home
décor and color trends and the ability to interpret these trends to meet defined consumer
markets and corporate goals.
Job duties will include, but will not be limited to:
Present color palettes, product concepts and designs from inception through
Perform all duties needed to execute new product designs from concepts through
finished art in a timely manner; create associated documentation to convey the design solution
to manufacturing, including renderings, models, mechanical drawings and specifications. 2D/3D
drawing skills are required.
Manage all phases of graphic design production (including layout, typography,
illustrations, printing, etc.).
Work, as needed, with Fragrance manager to understand fragrance concepts and to
provide color palettes that are appropriate for selected fragrances.
Qualifications include but may not be limited to:
1. BS or BA in Industrial Design, Graphic Design or other design-related major desired.
2. Minimum of 5 years experience in creative product design required.
3. Proven ability to successfully deliver new products from design conception to finished
4. Proven creative aptitude and experience analyzing product lines and market trends.
5. Proven exceptional skill analyzing color trends and developing successful color palettes.
6. Proficient PC skills- Power Mac with related graphics arts software – Illustrator,
7. Ability to travel as required.
8. Must be able to work around fragrances, potpourri, candles, etc. regularly throughout the
9. Must be able to distinguish subtle color and fragrance differences.
Additional Qualifications include but may not be limited to:
Understanding of the science involved for specific candle forms, glassware and other
candle accessory materials such as metal and ceramic.
Understanding of label and packaging structure design and the manufacturing
Understanding of mass-market retail merchandising strategies and design dynamic,
cohesive programs that meet defined goals.
Expert on how product, color, packaging and graphic trends will affect future design
direction of candles, candle accessories and floral vases currently available in the
Visit us at www.lancastercolony.com or www.candle-lite.com
Company: Lancaster Colony Glass & Candles Division