TransFirst is among the nation's premier providers of transaction processing services and
payment technologies. Founded in 1995, the company has grown to be the largest privately held
processor in the United States not associated with a bank and is currently ranked as the
eighth largest processors in the United States according to The Nilson Report's '2004 Top U.S.
Bank Card Acquirers' consolidated list. TransFirst offers a suite of products and services and
customized processing programs uniquely tailored for the special business needs of financial
institutions, independent sales organizations and agents and referral and reseller partners.
Through its in-depth industry knowledge, partnership strategy and innovative solutions,
TransFirst provides a specialized approach to transaction processing for healthcare providers,
public entities, online and other non-traditional merchants.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, TransFirst has operational offices in Louisville, Colorado,
Omaha, Nebraska, Overland Park, Kansas, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Langhorne, Pennsylvania and
Newport Beach, California.
Serving more than 760 community banks and more than 160,000 merchant customers throughout the
United States, TransFirst reports a $20 billion annual transaction volume run rate.
We are currently seeking qualified Outside Sales Representative for our Newport Beach location
to generate new business through cold calling merchants and selling the attributes of the new
credit card terminals. In addition, to maintain and grow existing sales through established
client base, sales are expected for both new and existing customers to meet annual sales plan
established by management each fiscal year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop business relationships through cold calling selling to merchants.
· Create marketing material to assist with the sales effort.
· Prepares and presents sales proposals.
· Attend weekly sales meetings at location.
· Contact existing customers for referrals on new business leads.
· Assists customer service with customer issues or problems.
· Study and know new information and technology in the industry.
· Review customer statements, applications, proposals, and commission
· Other assigned duties as assigned.
· College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
· Knowledge of modern office practices, time management and procedures.
· Ability to manage and coordinate work -flow while being able to handle
· Ability to produce correspondence and other documents in a variety of
formats on personal computer from clear copy or rough drafts at a speed
necessary for successful job performance.
· Ability to meet and communicate with the public and staff using tact and
poise, good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and sensitivity.
· Must be a self- starter to uncover and take on jobs that need to be done.
· Must possess the attitude of a team player in offering assistance when
needed to others and maintain an upbeat positive attitude.
· Possess initiative to suggest and implement new ideas and time saving
efforts for processing work, which result in greater efficiencies.
· Ability to lead and direct people to make company sales and operational
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· The ability to handle “difficult situations”, always keeping the
company’s best interest in mind.
· Good oral/written communications.
· Heavy computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
· Ability to interact with various levels of upper management both internal
· Good customer service skills.
In return for your experience, TransFirst offers a competitive salary and commission structure
with full benefits commencing on the first day of the next month of employment.